About the project
The large-scale underground mine project involved construction of a shaft mine, which produces 3.5 million tonnes of copper per year, and is one of the deepest underground mines in Australia.
BDR Projects was engaged to provide project and contract management services as part of the client’s project management team.
BDR Projects’ services for this project included:
- review of project delivery, contracting and risk management strategies, and development of project delivery methodology
- project management of ore handling system design and construction
- design and installation of state-of-the-art underground heavy fleet control system
- project management of egress system design and implementation
- development of contracting plan
- completion of a comprehensive logistics study for movement of construction personnel, plant, equipment and materials, all within the existing deep copper mining operation
- negotiation of settlements to multi-million dollar contract disputes that arose during construction
- project management of development and implementation of a detailed commissioning plan for the complete mine expansion.
BDR Projects supplemented the client’s owner’s team by providing comprehensive contract and project management services throughout the mine development.
- Project Office
- Expert Services
- Project Assurance
North West Queensland