About the project
Porcupine Gorge National Park, north of Hughenden in Queensland, is a tourism development opportunity with the potential to increase visitation and economic growth for the surrounding region.
Several areas of potential development include:
- Lookout upgrades to provide ‘skywalk’ viewing opportunities
- Upgrade of the gorge river walks
- Accommodation improvements that could attract private investment
- Expansion of existing campground and associated facilities.
BDR Projects was engaged by its State Government client to conduct a Preliminary Evaluation under the Government’s Project Assessment Framework to:
- Determine market potential for tourism development opportunities in the Outback region
- Develop high level concept designs for a range of tourism development options
- Assess costs, risks and benefits of each option
- Consider policy, legislative and regulatory matters
- Explore initial operational structure and appropriate management of the proposed facilities
- Prepare a submission for a business case
- Plan next steps for the Flinders Shire Council to progress the development.
BDR Projects worked closely with Local and State Government departments to evaluate potential tourism opportunities.
Our expert personnel produced a preliminary evaluation and cost benefit analysis report to assist the council to evaluate projects for regional economic development.
- Project Management
- Business Advisory
North West Queensland