About the project
The client operates a north-west Queensland underground copper mining and processing operations.
A refurbishment of the mine’s copper system involved assessment and appraisal of the Copper Concentrator Stockpile and Copper Crude Ore Bin Refurbishment options.
BDR Projects was engaged to provide project management services to the client for the mine’s copper mining refurbishment. It included the development (and management of the development process) of:
- concept/preliminary designs and drawings (including 3D models) for each of the works including bins, chutes, feeders, conveyors/trippers, stockpiles, bins, load out facilities, mill-ball handling and all related civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and controls work.
- Scope of Work statements
- project schedule
- project estimate/budget including Work Breakdown Structure
- a method statement detailing the Crude Ore Bin refurbishment procedure. The refurbishment is a high potential risk activity due to the unknown condition of the bin and its contents
- compilation of drawings and documentation into tender packages appropriate for an Engineering, Procurement and Construction (“EPC”) contract. This included review and revision of the contractual conditions utilised by the client for such work, in conjunction with its legal department
- support to the Principal’s project team throughout the tender and tender assessment processes.
BDR Projects provided a range of specialist project management skills to produce innovative concept designs and generate tender and contract documentation for EPC tendering, all within agreed cost and time constraints.
- Project Management Consulting