About the project
The project comprised a 55 Mtpa iron ore mining, rail and port project being developed in Western Australia.
The project is world-class, low phosphorus, Marra Mamba iron ore deposit and will consist of:
- conventional open pit, bulk mining operation from multiple production benches
- 55Mtpa wet processing plant
- 344 km single line, heavy haul railway
- purpose built dedicated two berth iron ore port facility at Port Hedland, capable of receiving, stockpiling, screening and exporting 55Mtpa (wet) of direct shipped iron ore.
BDR Projects was engaged to provide contract and controls management services to assist a major contractors manage extensive scale electrical and instrumentation construction works under a challenging environment associated with the 55 Mtpa wet processing plant on the project.
BDR Projects services have included:
- managing complex subcontracts and closeouts
- assisting with drawn out novation processes
- satisfying demanding reporting requirements
- monitoring and facilitating mobilisation and demobilisation of personnel
- providing subcontractor representative roles as required.
BDR Projects has established processes for, and managing of, extensive contract management and contract administration processes, claims preparation and progression, and extensive reporting.
The BDR Projects team has also assisted in streamlining existing contract and controls processes and upholding rigid processes for obtaining approvals for day-to-day management of the project.
- Project Office